Please read over the following Children's Ministries Covenant & Liability Release Form, discuss it with your child/children, and complete and submit the form at the bottom.
Rules and Guidelines for All Children's Ministries Activities
These rules have been written down to inform the participants of how they need to conduct themselves at any function. These rules were not established to take away any privileges or the fun out of any function, but were established to protect each participant and enable the entire group, counselors, and director to have a great experience at all functions as well as maintain respect at all times.
If one or all of these rules are broken and it is discovered, discipline will be taken in the following manner, unless otherwise listed:
- The offender will have at least five minutes away from the rest of the group with the Director, helping adult, or volunteer to discuss the issue.
- If the problem persists the director or volunteer in charge, will make a telephone call to the parent(s) or guardian(s) to have them come pick up the child and inform them why the child is being sent home. Once my parents have been called for early pick up, I may lose the privilege to attend special trips with the group.
- Participants must stay with the group in the designated area(s) during any function. No wandering off alone or roaming during transition from place to place. No one is to be on the playground without supervision.
- Participants are to respect and follow requests made by the Director, helping adults, or volunteers leading a program. Children should not have to be asked or told more than once to do something.
- Participants are to control behavior in classroom and not disturb others by acting out, goofing off, speaking out of turn, or continuing to do something the Director, helping adult, or volunteer has asked them not to do. If this becomes a problem, the child will be removed from the classroom and parents will be notified.
- Participants are to act in a mature manner while being transported on church related activities. No horseplay is allowed in any vehicle or any action to distract the driver. If this becomes a problem, transportation will cease for the child.
- Anything broken during children's functions should be reported to the director as soon as possible.
- Only age appropriate movies are to be shown at any children's ministries function. Any questionable material must be run by the director before being shown. All movies are subject to the Children's Director's approval or subsequent disapproval.
- Displays of affection are restricted. Under no circumstances is purple to be make. (Purple is the mixing of the sexes in inappropriate places. Girls are pink and boys are blue.) You must keep your hands to yourself at all times.
- Foul language will not be tolerated at any function.
In the Church
- No running in the church building.
- Participants are not to touch or use any equipment at anytime during any function, unless specifically asked to do so by the Director or the person in charge of the equipment.
- Participants are not allowed to use any appliances in the church unless they have specifically asked the Director to do so or have been requested to do so by the person in charge of the appliances.
- Participants are to understand the purpose of Wonderful Wednesdays is to help one learn more about Jesus and how much he love us and how we are expected to act.
- Participants will come to Wonderful Wednesdays with an attitude of respect and will not engage in disrespectful behavior, such as laughing and giggling, when others are speaking, praying, or learning.
- Participants will abide by the rules set for by the Director, helping adult, or volunteer.
On Trips and Away from the Church
- Be respectful at all times.
- Always remember the Covenant that has been signed.
- Always act in a Christ-like manner.
- Guests and friends on any outing are to be pre-arranged with the Director by the parent(s) or guardian(s).
- No purple. Males are not allowed in designated female sleeping areas and vice-versa unless accompanied by the Director, helping adult, or volunteer.
Change to the Rules & Covenants
The current Children's Ministry Team may make additions and changes to the Covenant and Liability Form at any time. Proposed additions and changes must be brought before the Children's Ministry Team and a vote must be taken in order to change the current Covenant and Liability Form. The Director will prayerfully consider any request and/or vote, but reserves the right to veto.
By my electronic signature below, I, as the parent or guardian of the child listed below, grant my permission for him/her to participate fully in any activities or trips sponsored by Asbury United Methodist Church. Permission is also granted for my child to be transported to and from school or any other church function. I understand that my signature carried with it the following:
- Authorization of any of the adult leaders to obtain necessary medical attention and/or treatment for my child. Should medical help be needed, I agree to pay for all medical or hospital costs.
- I, knowingly release, absolve, and hold harmless Asbury United Methodist Church from all claims that might result from any injury of said "minor."
- This agreement pertains to all programs and activities including those where transportation is provided.
- I hereby grant permission for photographs, videos, or voice recordings of my minor children, as well as myself, participating in church-sponsored programs to be used in any church media (including, but not limited to newsletters, website, advertisements, videos, and brochures) and for Asbury United Methodist Church to make changes and/or edit this media as the church deems necessary. The below signature applies to any media created or taken prior to this receipt by Asbury United Methodist Church.